El Valle Regional Summit in McAllen
Methodist Healthcare Ministries of South Texas, Inc. hosts summits throughout the year in select regions for community leaders, elected officials, partners, program sites, team members and key stakeholders to collaborate and leverage collective resources to more effectively address the unmet health care needs in South Texas.
Although Methodist Healthcare Ministries is headquartered in San Antonio, we have a deep reach into South Texas. Our programs and services span 74 counties in the Rio Texas Conference area of The United Methodist Church. Methodist Healthcare Ministries' regional summits are intended to convene non-profits, health care providers, small businesses, engaged citizens and elected officials to build a network of groups and individuals dedicated to improving the physical, mental and spiritual well-being of their community.
The El Valle Regional Summit took place on Thursday, September 10, 2015 in McAllen. The program consisted of the following:
- Opening breakfast panel: Growing roots in the Rio Grande Valley
- Panel: The Rio Grande Valley's Collective Impact, Unidos Contra Diabetes
- Lunch panel: Giving in the Rio Grande Valley
- Workshop: Demonstrating the value of your work to funders
- Workshop: The power of email marketing & social media
The day concluded with a press conference and closing reception. To attend a summit in your area, join our mailing list. Sign up at www.mhm.org or text MHMSTX to 22828.