School Based Health Centers: A mission of MHM
Health and counseling services are provided by MHM through School Based Health Centers (SBHC) that provide primary medical and dental services to school-age children enrolled in the Schertz-Cibolo-Universal City and Marion ISDs and their siblings, up to age 21.
At present, SBHC are located at:
- Krueger Elementary (217 West Otto Street, Marion, TX 78124)
- Schertz Elementary (757 Curtiss, Schertz, TX 78154)
Through these Centers children, who live in areas where such services are not readily available, are eligible for low cost immunizations, medical care, counseling, and dental care.
A comprehensive range of services are offered to include:
- Diagnosis and treatment of simple illness or minor injury
- Physical exams for school sports, cheerleading, dance team, Boy Scouts and camp
- Well child exams
- Health promotion and education
- Prescription assistance
- Referral to health care providers, specialists and resources within the community
- Primary dental care including x-rays, cleanings, fluoride treatments and sealants
- Dental treatment including fillings, extractions and endodontic treatment
- Individual and family counseling and case management
Assistance with Medicaid, CHIP and Food Stamp applications, and food, housing and utilities is also available.
Charges for medical and dental services vary according to procedure; however, all services are provided on a sliding fee scale. Services will be provided regardless of your ability to pay.
To learn more about MHM's SBHC, visit: www.mhm.org/sbhc.